May 31, 2013
Last Fridays: Blues on the Burwell Lawn summer concert series
June 1, 2013
Elizabeth Keckly Lecture at Dickerson Chapel AME Church
June 8, 2013
The Homefront in Hillsborough: Civil War Living History Event
Robert Turnbull Burwell
Robert Turnbull Burwell was born on November 30, 1841, in Burwell School. He died in 1864.
- Parents: Robert Burwell  and Margaret Anna Robertson (b. 1810) .
- Paternal grandparents: Armistead Burwell and Mary Cole Turnbull.
- Maternal grandparents: William Bruce Robertson and Margaret Ann Spotswood.
- Aunt: Mary Dandridge Robertson.
- Cousins: Sally Bridges and Virginia Bridges (1832-1859) .
- Others: Anna Robertson Crow (niece, b. 1872), Edmund Burwell Crow (nephew, b. 1874), Harriet Holcomb Crow (niece, 1877-1887), Robert Burwell Crow (nephew, 1868-1889), William Henry Crow (nephew, 1870-1880), Mary Nash Strudwick (niece, 1855-1855) and Robert Cincinnatus Strudwick (nephew, b. 1857).
- Mary Claire Engstrom. The Book of Burwell Students: Lives of Educated Women in the Antebellum South. (Hillsborough: Hillsborough Historic Commission, 2007).